Forum for Academician of International Relations is an independent forum dedicated to the study of politics and international relations. FAIR was founded in 2011 with a focus on student-based research and discussions on international politics dynamics. In the beginning, FAIR was a forum of some international relations students in Universitas Riau, supervised by Dr. Muhammad Saeri, M.Hum (former head of international relations laboratory and head of ASEAN Studies Center, Universitas Riau). In 2012, FAIR renowned as a ‘student-based’ think-tank on the study of politics and international relations which focus on diplomacy, strategic and security studies, international political economy, and transnationalism studies. In 2013, FAIR launched its first design of geopolitics and U.S. Global Military Bases map which has been used as one of primary sources in numbers of research on strategic and security studies. In 2014, FAIR held “Joy-Sailing” program with Indonesian Navy (TNI Angkatan Laut) which is located around Indonesia-Malacca Straits sea borderland. The program continued with a short-course on “Maritime Studies and Indonesia Main Equipment and Weapon Systems”. Since 2015, FAIR researchers has published their works on the international and national level articles, journals, and working papers publications. In 2017, FAIR held its first course program on introduction to politics and international relations, called as IR-101, which was located in Pekanbaru, Indonesia.
FAIR provides data, analysis, consultations, and recommendations, based on our own organized-sources, talks, FGDs, interviews, and other eligible sources, to researchers, media, policymakers, and the interested public. Our purpose is to advance the study of politics and international relations with local perspectives and approaches to create and develop civilized understanding about the global issues with local solutions.
FAIR vision is to develop a strategic think-tank which could face the global challenges, with local accomplishments. Our motto isbridging the gaps, revealing the facts“.
Undertake research and activities on strategic and security studies, international political economy, and trans-nationalism studies
Provide data analysis and policy recommendationsFacilitate talks, FGDs, consultations, dialogue, and capacity building
Deliver authoritative information, data, works, and source
FAIR’s organizational structure comprises of the Executive Director, Secretary, a Board of Researchers, and support staffs. FAIR is also equipped with two other divisions, namely Research and Development, and Media and Publication.
Executive Director : Azhari Setiawan
Secretary : Bambang Putra Ermansyah & Satya Wira Wicaksana
Treasurer and Finance : Syafitri Ramadhani
Research and Development : Andhik Beni Saputra
Media and Publication : Satya Wira Wicaksana & Andrea Suci Varera
Researcher and Contributors :
- Achmad Reza Putra S.IP., M.Si (han)&(Defense Diplomacy – Defense University, Indonesia). Reza is Researcher at Pusat Studi Masyarakat ASEAN, Riau and an Immigration Analyst at Ministry of Justice and Human Rights, Republic of Indonesia. He focuses on Defense Diplomacy and International Security.
- Andhik Beni Saputra, S.IP., M.A&(Political Science – Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi). Andhik is Researcher at Pusat Studi Masyarakat ASEAN, Riau and Lecturer at Dept. of Government Studies – Universitas Abdurrab. He focuses on Politics and Government Studies, Political Geography, Indo-Pacific and South Asia Studies.
- Azhari Setiawan, S.IP., M.Si&(International Relations, Strategic and Security Studies – Universitas Indonesia, Depok). Azhari is Defense Analyst at Pusat Studi Masyarakat ASEAN, Riau. He focuses on Strategic and International Security, Public Policy, and Maritime Security Studies.
- Bahjatul Murtasidin, S.IP., M.Si&(Political Science – International Relations) – Universitas Riau). Sidin is Researcher at Pusat Studi Masyarakat ASEAN, Riau and Lecturer at Dept. of Government Studies – Universitas Abdurrab. He focuses on Politics and Government Studies, and Foreign Policy.
- Herry Wahyudi, M.A (International Relations and Foreign Policy – Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia. Herry is Researcher and at Pusat Studi Masyarakat ASEAN. He focuses on Indo-Pacific, Foreign Policy, and International Relations Theories.
- Satya Wira Wicaksana, S.IP&(International Relations – Universitas Riau). Wicaksana is a researcher at FAIR Riau also an Editor of FAIR Riau Publications. He focuses on Maritime Security, Marxism Studies, and Post-Modern Culture Studies.
- Andrea Suci Varera, S.IP&(International Relations – Universitas Riau). Andrea is a researcher at FAIR Riau also co-Editor of FAIR Riau Publication. She focuses on Gender and Feminism Studies and Mass Media Analyst.
- Bambang Putra Ermansyah& (International Relations – Universitas Riau). Bambang is a researcher at FAIR Riau. He focuses on Terrorism and Middle East Studies.
- Syafitri Ramadhani (International Relations – Universitas Riau). Fitri is a junior researcher at FAIR Riau. She is also a university student activist and actively participates at several Model United Nations.